Saturday 4 March 2017

Economic East

We have now begun writing our article for economeast, being in grade 12, we only write a single article for the magazine. I found it quite difficult to decide exactly what I wanted to write on but came up with the idea to write on Tesla's new solar cells. These are solar cells for the roofs of houses which look identical to standard roofs, something quite interesting and will potentially be useful in the future. I didn't find this article too difficult to write due to my practice last year and once it was done it was sent to the editors. 

Medical society

We have continued medical society with these differential diagnosis activities, I have been finding them a lot of fun as they are at times similar to a puzzle where we have to work together to diagnose the patient. Overall I have found them a really good activity to gain an insight into the life of a doctor. Whilst the activity may be based towards the life of a general practitioner I feel like many of the skills are applicable to all areas of medicine.

Rock climbing 

Rock climbing has continued with my partner and I now trying even more challenging trails. Whilst some of them have been too difficult for us and we have not been able to complete them, we have made good progress on a lot of them. Rock climbing has overall been quite a bit more difficult than I originally thought and is definitely a lot more difficult that the school rock climbing wall. I have unfortunately also found out that rock climbing will be moving from a Thursday to a Monday which means that I will no longer be able to attend it one this season is over which I am very disappointed about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment