Monday 13 February 2017

Economic East

We have now begun to decide on leadership roles for economeast, being in grade 12, I can not sign up for leadership roles like last last year. Instead, I can help to mentor those who decide to carry on my role from last year. The rest of the layout team and myself have had to present what we do as a layout team and outline the challenges we have faced and who should sign up to be a member. Next week it will be decided who the leaders are. 

Medical society

In medical society we have been continuing to watch TED talks and discuss global health issues. For example looking at potential treatments of malaria and how to stop it. This involved genetic modification and naturally had potential ethical issues. Discussing this was very interesting as there was a trade off for potentially stopping malaria or having the small chance of a global epidemic if something went wrong. These are the types of questions which could be asked at medical interviews so was very helpful.

Rock climbing 

Rock climbing has continued with my partner and I slowly improving, we have now been able to tackle some of the second easiest routes which has good. Whilst these are still very difficult, it is good to see progress. Everybody has also been very supportive on site helping with our technique and incentivising us during our climbing. It has also been very helpful having my partner with me as we are at a similar skill level and encourage each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment