Monday 13 February 2017

Economic East

Econeast has been continuing with us mainly working on our writing skills. We have had presentations from a few members on writing and the voice which we must attempt to portray. I found this very useful and something which I wish we had done more of last year. 

Medical society

We have been continuing medical society with debates on specific medical issues. Most recently we debated whether organ donation should be done via an, 'opt in' or 'opt out' method. This is not something I had though of before but found very interesting. Both have their pros and cons and it was very interesting to view everyones perspective.

Rock climbing 

Rock climbing has continued with my partner and I working mainly on technique. The session is split up into boldering and climbing, with boldering giving more of a chance to improve technique of climbing. This is done through more technically challenging moves closer to the ground, with no ropes being attached. It was a lot more difficult than I imagined due to having to carry such weight through, at times, only one hand. Whilst my partner and I were not great at this, we definitely have improved over the few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment